Sunday, January 04, 2009

Caricature- Beach Wedding Commission (SEPT 2008)


Here's another wedding caricature commission I did a few months ago. I didn't go too crazy. I actually pretty much fully pencilled a prior version but realized that that was even tamer and decided to scrap it and start all over. This actually took me a decent amount of time, a lot longer than I thought it would. I had a hard time trying to figure out how to draw the girl, looking at it now with fresh eyes and more experience, it seems clear to me now. I didn't get a chance to work on it until about the night before it was due. I think I worked on this for about 20 hours straight. All-nighters are kinda fun sometimes, that constant intensity and focus feels good. and then when you get to finally sleep is good too, heh. This was a surprise gift to the groom, they both liked it.

No comments: