Tuesday, November 23, 2010

figure drawing- "drink and draw" 1/ Lafayette 1(APRIL- JUNE 2010)

1. ~10 min of friend, Sam Beedle, I was happy with this. my favorite part got sorta covered up when I colored it--it's one line from her extended foot to her arm, but I liked the chin to the hand part most.
2.
3.
4. I like this one.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11. more of Sam
12. and another Sam
13. I like the simplichrisity of this one. I like his face
14.
15.
16.
17. 2-5 min. the models we were drawing were kinda m.i.a for a bit so my good buddy, Jordan Martin (a talented artist himself!) who was there drawing with us decided to pose for a minute. this was a super quick one. made his nose too pointy, got his trademark shirt though, heh.
18.
19.
20.
21. ~10 min. her hand was leaning on a stool. with a cookie on it. oh yeah, an invisible stool, apparently. hey, don't look at me, I just draw what I see....or don't.
22. 2 min poses.
23. 1 minute poses.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37. 5-10 min. hmm, his face kinda reminds me of something my buddy, Nate Kapnicky would do.
38.
39.
40.
I put how long I took to draw most of them on my facebook figure drawing page if anyone really wants to know. too lazy to put them all on here now.
 ---------------------

So for the past few months, I've been going to 2 figure drawing sessions. one is a "drink and draw" at the Hard Bean cafe in Bethlehem which is just a hop, skip and jump away from where I live. literally. sadly, I just found out today that they will be moving. good news is that it's moving/actually combining with a very cool yogurt shop Euro-Yogurt a block away. bad news is that it's a smaller place and they prolly won't be having a "drink and draw" anymore :( but I guess we'll see.

on a side note, it's looking like I'll be doing some free crazy abstract caricatures at this new Euro-yogurt/coffee shop place in the very near future...like early December.

the 2nd place I've been going is at Lafayette college, they have FREE figure drawing every Thursday from 7-10pm. seriously. how cool is that?! where do you get free awesome figure drawing these days. click here for address and more info. you should come out if you are in the area. I try to go as much as possible, especially since the park season has ended and I have more free time.

most of these are drawn between 5-15 min. about 95% are drawn directly with a marker/pen. no penciling first. I feel that I get more unique solutions and keeps me focused more on the beauty of the line and being less finicky. there's a few that I tried penciling out first and they actually came out more boring.

lots more pics coming soon! or check my facebook for sneak peaks of newer ones as I finish preparing them for webby viewage.

COOL MUSIC!
v v Brown's "Traveling like the light" album is pretty awesome. I recommend it- catchy, funky, aweselicious. you can listen to the whole album here

Caravan Palace's album is pretty cool- beats/electronic, violin, guitar, jazz, FUNKness. you too can listen to the whole album on their myspace too!-->HERE also, only YOU can prevent forest fires! 

No comments: